Welcome to my AS media coursework blog

Throughout this blog you will get the opportunity to view my progress throughout the course and see my plans, sketches, final products and everything else which contributes to my coursework.

Wednesday 13 October 2010

Initial plans for my magazine

Today I thought of the initial plans for my magazine. I know that the genre of my magazine is indie. I considered the target audience, price, frequency of publication, issue size, regular content and feature content when planning. To start I created spider diagrams of each of the possibilites for price, frequency of publication, average issue size and  target audience. My spider diagrams are shown in the image below:


Here are the intial plans for the articles in my magazine:
My final decisions for my initial plans for my magazine are:
Target Audience: 17-25
Price: £3.50
Frequency of publication: Monthly
Average Issue size: 100 pages
Content: I plan to use all of the content that I have initially thought of and I also intend to think of more.

I chose my price because this was the approximate average price of the music magazines that I had previously researched. I thought monthly was appropriate for the frequency of publication because, again, this was how often the majority of my researched magazines were published. I chose the issue size because if a magazine is only published monthly it is presumable that there will be a lot of content to keep you up to date throughout the whole month. Despite this, I wanted to ensure that my issue size was not so large that I could not think of enough interesting and exciting articles. I know that I still need to think of more content for my magazines but i think the things that I have so far are very exciting and I am going to build on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment