Welcome to my AS media coursework blog

Throughout this blog you will get the opportunity to view my progress throughout the course and see my plans, sketches, final products and everything else which contributes to my coursework.

Sunday 31 October 2010

Questionnaire copy and why I chose my questions


Reasons for choosing my question:
1. What gender are you?
I wanted to know this so that i could ensure I did not have a bias target audience. If I would have had, for example, only females filling in my questionnaires then it may have affected questions later on for example, question five, about the colours.

2.How old are you?
I knew what age I wanted to hand out my questionnaires to but I wanted to know which part of my target audience were filling them in to see if this affected other questions. Such as question eight, about the price.
3.Who is your favourite Indie Band/ Singer?
I wanted to know the responses to this open question because it would help me to decide what stories would intrest my target audience when it came to thinking of feature articles and also regular content.

4.What three single words would you associate with Indie Magazines?
I chose this question because I thought that it would help me to come up with a title. I also thought that if these kind of words were throughout the magazine, it would allow the reader to be sure of what magazine they were reading and these words would also attract the target audience.

5. What is your favourite colour from the list below? 
I thought this question was appropriate so that I could choose a colour scheme which would appeal to the target audience. I did not want to make this question an open question because I did not want to much variation in the answers, so I chose a list of colours which I would consider using for my magazine.

6.How often do you buy a music magazine?
This question would allow me to ensure that the frequency of my music magazine which I had originally planned suited my target audience.

7. If you do buy music magazine, which one(s) do you buy?
I added this question to my questionnaire because I thought that it would give me a good idea of which magazine to base my music magazine on. If the people who filled in my questionnaire read certain magazines they must enjoy them to buy them and read them therefor this is a good basis to build my ideas on.

8.What Price would you be prepared to pay for a music magazine?
This question would allow me to ensure that the price which I had originally planned for my magazine suited my target audience. If it did not then I would have had to change the price of my magazine so that it was suitable.

9.Do you have any dislikes of the music magazines that you read?
I thought that this question would allow me to understand which aspects of magazines that the readers don't like and I could ensure that my magazine did not follow similar formalities.

10. Would you like to be able to buy music magazines in corner shops as well as large supermarkets?
This question was not related to the production of my music magazine but I thought it would be interesting to find out, if I pursued my magazine where abouts I would retail it.

No comments:

Post a Comment